Hello,

I am working on the ColdFusion MX 7 and Flex2 integration.  Here is
what we currently have scheduled to be available around the same time
as the next Flex2 beta.

- An update to the CFC Adapter that is currently available on
Macromedia labs.  This is mainly bug fixes, and updates to stay in
sync with the current Flex2 code.

- A CF Event Gateway Adapter for Flex2 and Flex Asynchronous Event
Gateway for CFMX7.  These two pieces together allow you to publish and
subscribe to Flex Enterprise Services "destinations" from a ColdFusion
Component.  You can publish messages from a Flex client that a CFC
will receive.  You can publish messages from CFML code that a Flex
client can see.  For an idea on how this can be used, see the Flex JMS
(Java Messaging Service) Adapter example.  This is for Async Messaging
and does not integrate ColdFusion with Flex Data Services (see below).

So the major new piece here is integration with the publish/subscribe
functionality in the Flex2 Messaging services.

We are also looking to create an adapter that will enable a ColdFusion
Component to be the back end to the Flex Data Services layer, similar
to the way Java Objects can currently be used.  I don't expect this to
be available at the same time as the next beta, but miracles can
happen. :)  Rest assured that we want to get this kind of
functionality into your hands and get as much feedback on it as we can.

FYI, we also are hard at work on some CF-specific Flex Builder 2
productivity extensions that should dramatically increase the
productivity of RIA construction for CF customers, and make the leap
to RIA development for CF customers new to RIA with Flex2 a super
easy, fun and productive experience, but more on that later :)

Questions:
- Do you think you can use the pub/sub functionality as described?
- How do you envision a CFC backend to Flex2 Data services?

--
Tom Jordahl
Adobe ColdFusion Architect

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Vinny Timmermans
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I am working on an Flex 2 /CFMX7 Enterprise project and my main
concern at
> the moment is whether the Flex Enterprise Gateway beta for CF,
announced at
> MAX, will be released at the same time as the Flex Enterprise
Services beta.
> In other words, can we get our hands dirty connecting the new Flex 2
> Dataservices with CFMX 7 Enterprise in a straightforward way in 3-5
weeks?

> Best,
>
> Vinny
>

>   _____