Hi All,

I'm sure this is going to be one of those questions that you regret
asking as soon as it leaves your mouth, because it seems so simple.
I'm having an issue binding 2 levels deep.  Something that does work
in Flex 1.5 doesn't work in Flex 2.  Below are 3 files for an example...

The value of "labelText" shows up properly in Child1.mxml, but does
not bind into Child2.mxml properly.  I have tried using
getters/setters with a Change event and Bindable property attached to
them with no luck.

//MainApp.mxml -- passing initial value of labelText to first child
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml"; xmlns="*">
        <Child1 labelText="My Text" />
</mx:Application>

//Child1.mxml -- labelText binds properly
<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml"; xmlns="*">
        <mx:Label text="my text first = {String(labelText)}" />
        <Child2 labelText="{String(labelText)}" />
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        public var labelText:String;
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>
</mx:HBox>

//Child2.mxml -- labelText does not bind proplery
<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml"; xmlns="*">
        <mx:Label text="my text second = {String(labelText)}" />
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        public var labelText:String;
                ]]>