Hi,

I'm obviously missing something, and am hoping someone can fill in the
gap.  I have an XML structure using the e4x format... I'm using this
structure as the dataProvider for a Tree component... I'm trying to
examine the XML element that represents a given tree node.  So...

<mx:XML format="e4x" id="myXML">
  <category label="Element 1" />
  <category label="Element 2" />
</mx:XML>

<mx:Tree id="myTree" dataProvider="{myXML.category}" />
<mx:Button label="Show" click="showNode()" />

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
  private function showNode()
  {
    trace("node = " + myTree.selectedNode);
  }
]]>
</mx:Script>

What I'd like it to have returned is eg. "<category label="Element 1"
/>"  However, I not receiving anything from the code above.  The
strange thing is that If I expand my showNode function to show
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" I am actually getting the proper label as
a result.  The whole purpose of this exercise is to add children to a
selected node, by inserting a child element within the XML structure,
and I need the selected node to determine the parent node of my new child.

I tried this in 1.5, and got mediocre results.  It would return the
proper node result for a branch node, but still return nothing for any
leaf nodes.

Is what I'm expecting possible, am I asking too much, or is this
perhaps a bug (based on the 1.5 behaviour)?

Thanks in advance,

Brendan