Last I heard, Claus & Co are ontop of it and have been holding out due
to the limitations of pre-8.5 world of luv.

I've had a crack at it approx 6 times and i get overwhelmed by the
complexities of turning FLEX code into an DOM Engine.

I've managed to absorb parts of XHTML and render them accordingly, but
no matter what we do, getting close to having a total "browser"
display has limits.

There are other movements out there that are kind of cheating in terms
of producing HTML inside Flash.

I've seen an interesting approach to this problem, using ICEBrowser
and moving along the lines of "Flash Paper" approach. There are
limitations though, especially with bullet lists and what not.

I had a theory in that if you were to approach the problem with say
ICEBrowser, and provided you are able to maintain seperation in terms
of layers with TEXT and BITMAP you can then overlay "interactive" form
controls with appropriate flex ones. The trick though is to loose the
text as a sliced layer, and then overlay text much like the way flash
paper does, but do so in a way that's consistent with the visual
aspect of the site in which one is browsing?

All pie in the sky stuff, but i'm holding out for DENG - 8.5 generation.

On 9/7/05, David Mendels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd love to see this.  Deng wouldn't address all use cases for HTML in Flex
> (Christophe's iFrame trick is quite good for some but not all either), but
> it would be great to see implemented as a Flex component.  It is open source
> now, so this community might want to have a go at it.
>
> -David
> Macromedia

Regards,
Scott Barnes