All,

Definitely not a touchy subject - it's a fair question !

The book will be rewritten completely for Flex 2.0, and we'll be using
the opportunity to "refactor" how we've approached the subject.
However, I'd echo a number of comments that the aim of the book is to
lift the covers on how one might approach the architecture and
best-practices around Flex application development.  Furthermore, for
each feature of the Flex product, the aim of the book was to impart
where and how you might apply there features, rather than an attribute
by attribute, method by method coverage of the various components,
containers, etc.

We share your frustration that the code no longer compiles; however I do
trust that the value you'll extract from the book is significantly more
than some source code samples.

Best wishes,

Steven

--
Steven Webster
Practice Director (Rich Internet Applications)