Hello list;

My application makes a web-service call to a .NET server that requires a UUID parameter which the client must generate. The call was failing and I was at a loss to figure out why until I looked in the WSDL and noticed that the GUID is defined a string of hex digits in groups of 8, 4, 4, 4, and 12.

However, the GUID generated by UIDUtils has groupings of 8, 4, 4, and 16 (e.g. DC3ADAA2-5E84-9977-33BDFFFFFFFFDC55). I don’t think this is correct. In fact, the documentation for the createUid function claims:

The UID has the form "XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX" where X is a hexadecimal digit (0-9, A-F).

Does anyone from Adobe know if this will be fixed in subsequent version of the framework?

Creo Inc., a subsidiary of Kodak

Tobias Patton | Software Developer | Tel: +1.604.451.2700 ext: 5148 | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.creo.com