--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thompson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> What do you mean by REST backend developed using HttpHandlers?

What I mean is that I'm using HTTPService with REST URLS which are
served by a HttpHandler.  So here is how it works...  I issue a
request to http://localhost/rest/people/1 and the HttpHandler is
mapped to anything that falls under /rest/ and it determines if it has
a mapping for person and if so returns its XML.  I'm using NHibernate,
so essentially the REST URL determines what query is issued:  I.E.
http://localhost/rest/people?LastName=Brown&Ssn=123456789 would end up
issuing a NHibernate query of "from Person p where p.LastName
= 'Brown' and p.Ssn = '123456789'" and running the results into
XmlSerializer thus returning XML to the browser.