sounds like a lot of work for something that was straight forward in
flex1.5.

> however, a button with multiple lines of text as label is....kinda
weird.

not as weird as you might think. in our flex 1.5 app, we had our own
version of a buttonbar which appeared below a datagrid showing stock
(for eg).
usually a two word description on a button label eg "release
stock", "hold stock", better describes the action of the button ....
as well as significantly reducing the width of the overall button
bar.