Hi Bora,

I came around some installation issues as well in the last couple of
days. For me, the folliwing works:

1.  Install a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) -
     anything above(!) version 1.4.2_05 should be okay.
2.  Install JRun4 or another J2EE server
2b. Make sure, the application server uses the correct
     installation of the jre you installed beofre!
3.  Create two server instances on the application server -
     one for Coldfusion, one for Flex - and assign ports and stuff...

--  Coldfusion installation

4.  Execute the Coldfusion installation package. Select 'Deploy as
     Enteprise Application', for that, it generates a cfusion.ear file
     in the destination directory.
5.  Deploy the file on the COLDFUSION server instance using
     the corresponding method of your application server.
6.  Restart the server instance and try if the sample files work!

--  Flex installation

7.  Execute the Flex Data Services install package and also select
     to create J2EE application files, not the standalone version!
8.  Deploy the three generated files on the FLEX server instance
     using the corresponding method of your application server again.
9.  Restart the server instance and try if the sample files work!

Notes:
- To access cf via flex, it should be neccessary to install the Flex
Coldfusion Bridge-files...

Hope, that helps!
Greetings, Thomas

Bora Ünal wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to this list. I tried Flex 1.0. In Flex 1.0 we needed some Java
> Server to deploy Flex Server. But In Flex 2.0 I could not figure out
> what to install to run Flex server. Actually I want to use Flex with
> ColdFusion 7. What components should I install? Are there any tutorials
> about CF & Flex?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Bora Unal

>        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

------------------------------------

   Thomas Rühl
   Design, Programming & Concepts

   akitogo OHG