No, nothing really changed in the flex config. files other than the
port when I was going directly through Tomcat and JRun.  When going
through Apache and IIS they stayed the same .

I'd say with near certainty the port is configured correctly since
I'm seeing the Command and Acknowledge messages in the console and
the log.  Also when going through Apache and IIS I see in the web
server log that it is calling the messagebroker/amfsecure servlet and
getting a 200 back.

For some reason, I can't tell why since there's no source code and
very little information available in the log other than the messages,
it does not get (or process) the Remoting messages.  That's why I
feel like something else may need to be configured.  However, the
same configuration works when running directly through JRun over
SecureAMF (HTTPS). Of course, that's the only time it works.

I appreciate all the help, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
It doesn't seem like anyone else has tried to get Flex 2 working in a
secure environment (other than JRun).  Like I said, I'd be elated if
I was doing something wrong that was easily corrected as opposed to
waiting for a new release.  However, I've gone over this more times
than I'd like to count and I cannot see anything wrong and other (non-
Flex) J2EE applications are running correctly over HTTPS.