Yes, setting width=”100%” in Flex 1.5 should work. Its equivalent to setting percentWidth in Flex 2.0.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Renaun Erickson
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:35 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Using Loader to load multiple <mx:Application> SWF (Flex 1.5)

Yes the RSL can keep the files sizes down, do you put all the Flex
classes in the RSL too?

As for SWFloader, I am actually asking about Flex 1.5 and mx:Loader.
But the livedocs says Loader as the percentWidth/Height.  I'll give it
a try, I guess my question would be, doesn't width="100%" set the
percentWidth?

Thanks for the response, more to test.

Renaun

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Anatole Tartakovsky"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Renaun,
>     You can avoid doubles in SWF size if you use RSLs and mark them
external for loadable modules. We have developed "flexlets" that were
under 20K.
>     As far as screen sizing we had to do this:
>   <mx:SWFLoader  width="100%" height="100%"  trustContent="true"
id="loader" autoLoad="true"
init="loader.percentWidth=99;loader.percentWidth=100"/>
> did not have problems with height. Not pretty, but I am postoning
looking into SWFLoader till final release as it has been moving target
in the past.

> HTH,
> Anatole

<mx:Application> SWF (Flex 1.5)

>   I have read and re-read all the posts on breaking up a big application
>   into smaller chunks either using the Loader method or createChild.
>
>   createChild works well to delay creation of objects but the actually
>   SWF size is not smaller as the classes are compiled into the
>   application.  The Loader loads stuff on runtime but you get longer
>   load times because of overlapping of common classes (each loaded SWF
>   is a Flex app with the main component being the Application class).
>
>   My question I have is in regards to the Loader and loading other
>   <mx:Application> flex SWFs.  When I try to do this, I can not get the
>   loader swf's to stay dyanmic 100% widht and height.  I want the loaded
>   application SWF to fill up the container it was loaded in.
>
>   It has to do with something when it reaches 500 width and 375 height,
>   some defaults in the Application class.  I found some methods of
>   hacking the width and height to work somewhat reasonably, but in the
>   end it doesn't seem right.
>
>   I know the Flex Exampler Explorer is a good example of loading
>   different Application SWF into a container but none of them do 100%
>   width/height.
>
>   First, do people really use Loader to load multiple Flex
>   mini-applications?
>
>   and if so how do you address the 100% width/height issue?
>

>   --

development  Software design and development
>         Macromedia flex  Software development best practice

Service.