Hi

I have a custom mxml component "RestaurantDetail.mxml" that is used in
my main application "Restaurant.mxml"  - the component has a
dataObject:Object and some mx:label who's text attribute is bound to the
dataObject.  When the RestaurantDetail component is declared in the
Restaurant app the dataObject gets bound to a dataGrid
e.g.<RestaurantDetail dataObject="{dg.selectedItem}" />
 This was originally a Flex 1.5 app that I am trying to rewrite in Flex
2.0, but Flex Builder is complaining that "Data binding will not be able
to detect assignments to 'dataObject'"

Does anyone know how to get this to work in Flex 2.0

For those that haven't already spotted it, I'm trying to follow
Christophe Coenraets' Restaurant Browser Tutorial found here
http://coenraets.com/tutorials/restaurant/index.jsp I'm stuck at "Lab 7"

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Marston
Learning Technologist
Learning Technology Unit
Edward Wright G33, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB24 3QY, UK
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +44(0)1224 273329 / +44(0)7798 723660
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/diss/ltu/pmarston/
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/diss/ltu/

The University of Aberdeen Open Day 29th August 2006
Booking is essential
www.abdn.ac.uk/openday
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or call 0800 027 1495