To be honest, I just use MXMLC for all my Flex 2/AS3 related work. I used FlexBuilder2 for prototyping sometimes, its fast.

I never got such error. Can you please post the simplest code that produces this error? I can test on my machine...

I am sure, its some config or class path related issue. But, I understand compiler should show more friendly message.

-abdul