Hi Malik,

I can't test this, but this is how the examples that I've seen work.

-TH

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="
http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
layout="absolute" creationComplete="initApp()">

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
import mx.rpc.events.*;

public function initApp():void {
// Force artists class to load
artSvc.getArtists.send();
}
]]>
</mx:Script>

<mx:RemoteObject id="artSvc" destination="ColdFusion" source="myapp.cf.com.artists" showBusyCursor="true" />

<mx:DataGrid id="dgArtists" dataProvider="{artSvc.getArtists.lastResult.artists}" x="177" y="65">
   <mx:columns>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="First Name" dataField="firstname"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last Name" dataField="lastname"/>
   </mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

</mx:Application>

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "malik_robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following code that I *thought* would work, but it does
> not. Can anyone see why this might not work? Basically the datagrid
> does not get loaded, the browser says "transferring data from
> localhost", but it never populates the grid, no error, I see the show
> busy cursor and my empty datagrid. I am using CF 7 and there is a
> datasource that is defined when you install the tutorials. It is
> basically a database of artists or something. I wrote a test page to
> ensure my CFC works and it does return a query object, so I know the
> CFC is fine.
>
> I am just trying to have it load the datagrid upon creationComplete
>
> Here is the main.mxml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
> layout="absolute" creationComplete="initApp()">
>
> <mx:Script>
> <![CDATA[
> import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
> import mx.rpc.events.*;
>

> public function initApp():void {
> // Force artists class to load
> artSvc.getArtists();
> }
> ]]>
> </mx:Script>
>
> <mx:RemoteObject id="artSvc" destination="ColdFusion"
> source="myapp.cf.com.artists" showBusyCursor="true" />
>
> <mx:DataGrid id="dgArtists"
> dataProvider="{artSvc.getArtists.artists}" x="177" y="65">
> <mx:columns>
> <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="First Name"
> dataField="firstname"/>
> <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last Name"
> dataField="lastname"/>
> </mx:columns>
> </mx:DataGrid>
>

> </mx:Application>