Hello everyone.  I have beeen following flex for quite sometime during the beta
process. I
am currently beginning work on a large scale web based application.  We are
basically
migrating several different apps, some web based, some java based, to a new
platform.
We have spent the last couple of months exploring a JSP based solution running
on Resin
and connecting to a java based API with MySQL on the back end.  I am now
considering
flex.

The app is a medical management based app that will consist of several
different modules
which all provide different, though related funcitonality.  Things like
browsing a medical
claim, enter a medical bill.

I have a couple questions.

1.  IS flex well suited for large, multi module apps?  Can it provide any real
advantage or
JSP?

2.  Is the application just one big MXML file with many states or lots of
little MXML files?
Or a combination of some kind, such as each module is an MXML with different
states?

3. IS FDS the best way to interact with a java API or are there other ways?

4. HOw do I run the app?  Can it run on resin?  I see it can be deployed as a
WAR file but
have yet to figure out how to do that.

Sorry for all the questions.  Flex looks very interesting, but I am nervous
that the learning
curve and not knowing the best way to do things will really hurt us.  We have
been
building web based apps for years using HTML, CSS and JS and really have been
able to do
some really great things.  But the idea of a single integrated front end dev
app without
worrying about browser issues is enticing.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM