Thank Jennifer,  I like ur way of thinking

how do you draw the line between a "website" and a "web application?"

Jignesh Dodiya

On 6/28/06, Jennifer Larkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/24/06, Jignesh M. Dodiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Read somewhere that flex should be used for web application and
> shouldn't be used for building a website
>
> I am not agree with this. How many agreeeeeee?????

There are a couple of assumption problems with the question. First,
how do you draw the line between a "website" and a "web application?"
Technically, webapps ARE websites, but not all websites are webapps.
Who's to say that a blog is a website and not a webapp or vice veras?
There are a wide range of potential website features. If someone can
show me a hard line between an "web application" and a "web-based
dynamically-driven non-application", I'd be interested to see it.

It also depends on the subject matter of the site. If your personal
site is all about what a fabulous a Flex developer you are, should you
avoid using Flex in the site because it's not a "web application?" No,
that would be ridiculous. Everyone would assume that if you are a Flex
developer that your website reflects your skills and if you aren't
using Flex, they will wonder why you don't use your self-proclaimed
skills in your own site. In this case, regardless of the required
features of the site, Flex is appropriate-- based on subject matter
alone.

The point is, whether or not any given development platform is
appropriate for a site depends on the nature of the site-- the scale
of the site, the required features, the design requirements, the
subject matter, even the background of the expected development team.

What you have here is a hard and fast rule that's based on subjective
criteria that actually don't have any bearing on the subject. It
sounds like it was made of by someone who is trying to sound smart by
quoting CTO magazine rather than made by someone who develops quality
web sites for a living.
--
"Then you'll learn, Intern. You will learn." How to Make a Monster

Now blogging....
http://www.blivit.org/blog/index.cfm
http://www.blivit.org/mr_urc/index.cfm

--