I would like to create a flex application (hosted on the internet) that
could read in a client's local file, parse that file and then display
in a datagrid for manipulation and eventually posting the data to my
server.  My problem is on the reading of the local file piece.  It
seems that the only way that I can do this is to have the swf running
on the client's machine.  That is not an option so I have been in the
search for finding a solution that would allow me to sign my swf or
something similar so that it could be trusted on the client's machine
and allow the user to parse their local file.

So what can I do to give my internet based application read access on
the client's machine?

Thanks in advance!

-Torey