According to the docs, dataChange fires when the value of the dataProvider param changes. Now, to my best understanding, that means that if you switched to a *different* dataProvider, the event would fire. Since all you're doing is changing the values inside the arrayCollection (or array before), it's not firing. That's why I suggested the collectionChange event.

In this scenario, I'd create a custom event in your component, and fire it when collectionChange is fired.

Shan

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of polestar11
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:06 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] [Junk E-Mail - LOW] Re: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] [flexcoders] DataChange event in Dat

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "Shannon Hicks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks like now you want to use the arrayCollection.collectionChange
event to
> trap it.

The thing is that I need the dataChange event to fire as soon as data
has been updated in that particular view. In my actual code the
arrayCollection sits in my Model and the arrayCollection changed event
would not be captured in the particular view.

Am I not using the dataChange event correctly? In what instances does
it work?

Regards
Tracy