--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon Hicks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> According to the docs, dataChange fires when the value of the
dataProvider
> param changes. Now, to my best understanding, that means that if you
> switched to a *different* dataProvider, the event would fire.

I'm still confused. Is it not advisible to use arrays as dataProviders?
I would like to use an array as a dataProvider for my dataGrid
At some point I completely change the values of the array (therefore
the dataProvider value changes)

In my actual implementation I have a datagrid where the dataprovider
references a bindable array in my model. When this value updates I
hope to catch the dataChange event. Somewhere between a search request
and response, the array gets updated:
model.searchResultsList = Array(event.call.responseObject)

My view references the updated value, which should fire tempFn():
<mx:DataGrid dataChange="tempFn()"
dataProvider="{model.searchResultsList}" >
 <mx:columns>
  <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Value" labelFunction="getText" />
  <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Result" dataField="result" />
 </mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

Thanks for your time and patience
Tracy