Hi

In my application I have Flex as the UI. Each of the client systems have
a scanner attached. The requirement is that on hitting the "scan" button
on the Flex UI, I should be able to scan the image and display it on the
same Flex window.

In this I have been able to achieve the following :

On the hit of "Scan" button, my MXML calls an inline JavaScript
function, which inturn opens up a new HTML window. The HTML page calls
the applet which does the actual scanning. After scanning, the image is
rendered in the HTML window itself. My concern is that I do not want to
use an HTML page because taht ways I am taking the user out of the RIA
look-n-feel. And as Flex does not provide APIs to read images from
scanners, I need to use the applet as well.

Can someone please tell me how to display the image in a Flex window,
considering the image is coming as an output from an Applet? Or, is
there a way to run the applet inside a Flex window totally? I have tried
calling the Applet from the JS function directly, but it doesn't work.

Pls give your inputs.

Thanks
Rohan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM