You can just programmatically create a ChannelSet that contains one or more Channel implementations, such as mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel, that are configured to contact your ColdFusion endpoint (that has the update).

Or, if you want to use the MXML API, you can set a fully qualified URL for the endpoint attribute on <mx:RemoteObject> and it will use a default AMFChannel to communicate with ColdFusion (with the update).

Pete

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:47 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] RemoteObjects - ActionScript parameters

Hello All,

I am finally getting time to dive into my Flex 2.0 programming, and
RemoteObjects are at the top of my list.

I simply don't have the funds for FDS, so I just need to master the
basic built-in "down and dirty" methods of doing basic Remoting inside
of Flex 2.0.

Coming from the Flash world, I was able to directly code my Remoting
parameters with the address of the Remoting server - i.e.
"http://www.abc.com/flashservices/gateway" - and then specify the
service name.

It looks like in Flex, you can't directly do that in code - you must
reference a pre-existing service that exists in some config.xml file on
the server side. (if I correctly understood the documentation)

Could any of you take a moment, and explain to me how to perform this
action? I guess I am asking 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to directly reference the Remoting Server addy, via my
Flex code?
2) If I can't do #1, which file (and where is it located on the server)
do I need to edit, in order to give my Flex App the ability to make
Remoting calls?

Thanks SO much to all of you - I truly appreciate your time on this
topic.

Mike :)

P.S. I did update my ColdFusion Server, using the latest patch from
Adobe.