I've been trying to research the Sound Class and learn how I can
manipulate (volume, mute) sound that is embedded in my SWF loaded
with SWFLoader.

I understand that the SoundMixer class controls embedded streaming
sounds in a SWF, and that Sound Transform is a property of this. I
don't understand how to use this class in my code. I think I have to
tell the SoundTransform or Sound Mixer some how that it should be
controlling the sound from the embedded SWF but i'm not sure how.  If
you have any input on this...greatly appreciated.  I'm having a very
difficult time finding examples.

~Jenn

So far I have:

import flash.media.SoundTransform;
import flash.media.SoundMixer;

public var mySoundMixer:SoundMixer = new SoundMixer;
public var mySound:SoundTransform = new SoundTransform;

public function volume():void {
        var vtemp:Number = new Number;
        vtemp = v.value;
        mySound.volume = vtemp;
}

<mx:HSlider minimum="0" maximum="10" allowTrackClick="false" id="v"
enabled="true" change="volume()"/>