uhm, I don't know if Flash Remoting for Java/.NET will continue, but you can use flash remoting with flex2 now, no need for newer remoting gateway anyway.

If you insist on having AMF3, there's always 3rd party product (like weborb) supporting it.

Jeremy.

On 8/4/06, Barry Beattie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If you're using Coldfusion MX7, just run the 7.0.2 updater and it
will give you remoting built in.

yes Nick, I know

but that's not what I'm asking.

I'm specifically asking about the stand-alone remoting product that is
(was?) available for Java (and .NET) and whether it will be upgraded
to AMF3 (or it stays at AMF0, is depricated and eventually phased
out).

I didn't want to spell it out in the origional post but, unless I can
align Flex 2 to the strategic plan here and can then drag CF along
with it, CF here will *never* be upgraded to 7. it will remain at 6.1
at best. There's a big push up high to move us to Java/JSP
development and away from CF (for lots of reasons I won't mention
here).

note: OpenAMF: I'm deliberatly ignoring it at the moment (for
reasons). same with AMFPHP

thanx
barry.b