> If you dont mind spending $20,000 for flex in order to do something that used
> to cost 1k.

which is kinda my point (well, related to).

it's not a big server setup we have here but it's enough to push us
into the enterprise level (or so it seems). it's not for one specific
app but a bunch of piddley little stand-alone ones with NOT a high
traffic count.

it'd be good to get some official word (or at least a bunch of ppl who
are good at guessing wat Adobe would do) saying the stand-alone
product was at the end of it's line. It'll make my case of keeping CF
and upgrading to 7.02 even  stronger (if it gets considered, that is).

hang on, (I don't really care but....) does this mean the .NET version
is gone too? if you're running .NET you have to go thru FDS as well?