If I trace it locally the shared object returns what it's supposed
to.  I'm still relatively new to flex so pardon my asking, but how
do you configure flex to trace data from a "deployed" swf (ie.
running from a url).  I know if I try to just simply run the debug
files generated by flex, I get prompted for where the debugger is
running.  Selecting localhost never seems to work for me as it just
keeps re-prompting me for the location of the debugger.

Wayne

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Lu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks like a security problem, can you trace the contents stored
in the
> sharedobject and see if all data are kept there ?
>
> Jeremy.
>
> On 8/5/06, wayneposner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Howdy all...
> >
> > I trying to use a SharedObject to keep user entered search
strings in
> > a drop-down box like the Google IE Toolbar. This works fine when
I'm