Do multiple Image components load images at the same time or one after
the other?

The reason I'm asking is that I created a Pic Viewer app in Flash 7
that would, while one picture was being viewed, load the next picture
into a buffer MovieClip.  The 2nd MovieClip would then be set to
visible after a few seconds elapsed, and the 1st MovieCilp would be
loaded with the next picture and be set to invisible.

I did a test in which I loaded 8 pictures of varying file size into 8
Image components.  The output looks something like this:

1. very Large (1600K bytes)
2. Small
3. Small
4. Large (600K bytes)
5. Small
6. Small
7. Small
8. Small

In this test images 2 and 3 appeared "immediately". After a delay
image 4 was followed immediately by 5,6,7 and 8 and then finally after
another delay image 1.

This would seem to suggest concurrent loading because 2 and 3 were
displayed before 1.  However, since 5,6,7 and 8 did not appear until 4
was displayed I am not sure what is goin on.  Can anyone shed some
light on this situation?