Thank to both Andy and Jerermy

I've gone through your replies and the closest i've got so far
is:-

var arr:Array = Camera.names;
trace(arr[0]);
trace(arr[1]);

\\the output screen at this point returned the camera names which i
\\ added to the following lines.

        localCamera1 =Camera.get( arr["Digital Camera"]);
        localCamera2 =Camera.get( arr["Dual-Mode DSC (Video Camera)"] );
        localVideo.attachVideo(localCamera1);
        localVideo2.attachVideo(localCamera2);

This attaches the default camera to both videos again but now i have
the camera names returned as well, the other thing that is confusing
me is that you have both said to use Camera.getCamera(); instead of
Camera.get(); but it fails with the following error:-

**Error** Symbol=videoFeed, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 4: There is no
method with the name 'getCamera'.
        localCamera1 =Camera.getCamera( arr["Digital Camera"] );

**Error** Symbol=videoFeed, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 5: There is no
method with the name 'getCamera'.
        localCamera2 =Camera.getCamera( arr["Dual-Mode DSC (Video
Camera)"] );

Total ActionScript Errors: 2     Reported Errors: 2

And the cameras fails to load. Finally you mentioned version 9.0.16
admittedly i've only just upgraded to version 9 where can i get the
updates?

willbur

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Trice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>