Thanks Again both Andy and Jeremy,

i'm still not able to define between the two cameras on my computer, i've added traces to help identify whats going wrong, but this is the closest i've got:-

var arr:Array = Camera.names;
trace(arr[1]);
trace(arr[0]);
//these traces return the "Digital Camera" and
"Dual-Mode DSC (Video //Camera)" used in the following lines.
    var localCamera1:Camera = Camera.get(arr["Digital Camera"]);
    var localCamera2:Camera = Camera.get(arr["Dual-Mode DSC (Video Camera)"]);
trace(localCamera1);
trace(localCamera2);
//these traces both return [object Object] i don't know what this means but // it might give you a clue.
    localVideo.attachVideo(localCamera1);
    localVideo2.attachVideo(localCamera2);
trace(localVideo);
trace(localVideo2);
//these traces return "_level0.localVideo.localVideo" and //"_level0.localVideo.localVideo2"

I know you both have sujested using Camera.getCamera() instead of camera.get() but i keep getting a there is no method name called .getCamera error and the video feeds don't work where as with camera.get() both feeds use the default camera.  Also i noticed you mention version 9.0.16 i've only just upgraded to version 9 but where can i get the 9.0.16 version if i need it.

What do you think??

regards

willburforce

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Lu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Andrew, this is a pretty cool hack, will try it and see if it works
> for me too.
>
> Jeremy.
>
> On 8/9/06, Andrew Trice [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > I only have one camera, so I never tried it. I've got flash player
> > 9.0.16, but it looks like the error is still happening (although I found a
> > workaround).
> >

> > I changed my code to:
> >

> > var arr: Array = Camera.names;
> >
> > trace(arr[0]);
> >
> > camera = Camera.getCamera(arr[0]);
> >
> > trace(Camera.getCamera(arr[0].toString()));
> >

> > … and it returned null every time.
> >

> > I also started playing with it and did this…
> >

> > trace(Camera.getCamera("0"));
> >
> > camera = Camera.getCamera("0");
> >

> > …and it gave a valid reference to the camera. Try using the string
> > representation of the camera index, instead of the camera name.
> >

> > Looks like this is still a bug in the player, but this could be a hack-ish
> > workaround for it.

> > *Andrew Trice*
> >
> > Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> >
> > http://www.cynergysystems.com