Title: Re: [flexcoders] Tree-to-tree drag & drop
Thanks, in the meantime I've written some drag-n-drop functions (not that they work completely yet ;)

John
-----Original Message-----
From: Joan Tan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 11 August 2006 6:55 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Tree-to-tree drag & drop

This should work. I believe it is a bug and I will log it in our internal database.

Joan

On 8/9/06 10:47 PM, "John Mazzocchi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This seems like such a simple thing, and yet ...

I'd like to be able to drag & drop nodes between 2 trees ... both to copy and to move.

Now both trees have:
dragEnabled="true" dropEnabled="true".

Scenario (a): they both have dragMoveEnabled="true" ... so while they *will* MOVE nodes between each other, they *won't* COPY them when holding down CTRL-key (as they're supposed to).

Scenario (b): they both have dragMoveEnabled="false" ... by default, the nodes should COPY across, but it doesn't allow this, as if dropEnabled were *false*.

In short, you can't COPY nodes between them ... do I really need to write my own drag & drop functions? :/

Thanks
John