I want to pass some information to my flex app on startup, and I want
that info to be embedded in the url.

The problem is that in order for flex to run nice it sits in some kind
of swf html object which is a ctually the thing that calls the swf. So
my question is how do I retain the benefits of the swfObject and pass
the parameter to the swf.

As I am typing this, I am thinking javascript, but I know about as
much about javascript as I do about open heart surgery. So if that is
what is necessary - or even if its not :) any example or ideas on
specifically how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Hank