Hi

I am just embarking on my first Cairngorm based Flex app. In one of the sample apps there is the following syntax
public function onResult(event:* = null):void
{

}
Could somebody please explain exactly what the argument "(event:* = null)" is actually doing. Obviously the argument is called 'event', I have got that far. Is the asterisk a wildcard for the type, and if so why, and is the null a default value if the argument is not supplied?

I have had a look around the web and the docs but can't find any explanation of this syntax. What is more, I am not getting it to work but as I don't understand what it is supposed to be I'm not sure where the problem lies.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Graham