OK, the issue seems to be isolated to my machine. The error began
happening again, so I sent a coworker the link to the file on my
machine. He can run the app successfully with no issues whatsoever,
while I still cannot. I have tried clearing my cache, closing Flex
Builder and restarting my machine but nothing seems to help. It seems
like this has to be related to something getting screwed up on my
machine because it also usually goes away by the time I come in the
next day.

Is there anything else I can try clearing or resetting? This has to be
'a bug', no?

Thanks,
Ben