WS-Security is the standard spec for securing web service calls.
Most web service stacks have some level of support for it. Among the
things it offers are username/token style security and encryption of
some/all of the SOAP envelope. There is an overview and a few good
links here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-
secure/

Also, see the Adobe AS3 UsernameToken support in the corelibs
project here:

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/as_libraries/docs/corelib/

Hope that helps,
Derek

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Houle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Franck,
>
> Makes sense to me.  Do you (or does anyone) know of any
open/standards based