If I'm reading it correctly, with #1 you just need a label function on your list.  That allows you to customize the string that is shown to represent the data.

Ely.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jnewport
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:47 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Drag and Drop from a List to a LineChart

Rookie here! I was wondering if some can take a shot at solution on
this?

I am trying to drag a list of states from a List to a LineChart and
then have the LineChart display the data for each USState dragged in.

I am thinking there are two ways:

#1 Put the each USStates data into an Array from an xml file, which I
tried but then the List show all the data instead of just the name of
the USState (so you get "Texas: 423, 367, 987" instead of just "Texas").
This, if I can get it to work would be easiest since the Array
containing the USState data would just populate the LineChart easily.

#2 The second option, which I am using, is pull in the xml and placing
into USStates Arrays (TexasArray, MontanaArray,etc...). Then I am
creating a seperate Array with just the name of the State (Texas,
Montana,etc...) I have all this working, but of course when I drag
selected List items and drag them into the LineChart it is just
dragging in the name of the State (eg. Texas) not any data to plot on
the LineChart.

The problem I am have using #2 is how can I tell the line LineChart to
grab the appropriate USState data Array from the name of State passed
by the drag and drop. So the List passes the LineChart "Texas" and
the Linechart plots "Texas: 423, 367, 987".

Please tell me there is a way to do #1?

Let me thank you ahead of time for your help.

J :(