I'm a step closer!

I edited my web.xml file regarding the line:

<param-value>/WEB-INF/flex/flex-enterprise-services.xml</param-value>

which I changed to:

<param-value>/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml</param-value>

because there is no flex-enterprise-services.xml file.

I also edited the services-config.xml file by making sure I had
matching endpoints between by development (compiled) file and the
server. My channel looks like:

<channel-definition id="my-ssl-cfamf"
class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">
            <endpoint uri="https://me.com/flex2gateway/";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
                <serialization>
                    <instantiate-types>false</instantiate-types>
                </serialization>
            </properties>
</channel-definition>

I also made sure that my destination references my new channel name,
like so:

<destination id="ColdFusion">
                <channels>
                    <channel ref="my-ssl-cfamf"/>
                </channels>

After restarting CF, this allowed me to browse to
https://me.com/flex2gateway/ without an error.

So, the channel IDs and endpoints match between the swf and the
server; however, I'm getting an error like this inside Flex when
attempting to retrieve data:

(mx.rpc:Fault)
faultCode = "Client.Error.MessageSend"
faultDetail = "Channel.Connect.Failed error
NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed"
faultString = "Send failed"
details = "https://me.com/flex2gateway/";
level = "error"

I'll try specifying port 443 in the uri next, but that doesn't seem
necessary.

On the Adobe forum, someone posted that "The endpoint URI for the
secureAMFchannel definition should be:
https://me.com/flex2gateway/messagebroker/amfsecure"; but that
doesn't seem correct at all and fails with an HTTP 500 error in a
browser.

Cheers,

-Tony

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 September 2006 15:00, syndrake7 wrote:
> > I don't think the problem is caused by the services-config file I
> > used to compile my Flex app. I think the problem is with
ColdFusion
> > and how it has defined endpoints for /flex2gateway/, which works
> > fine with http: but not with https:.
>
> Guess what file CF uses to configure the Flex 2 endpoints :-)
>
> --
> Tom Chiverton
> Helping to revolutionarily target holistic applications

> This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
>
> Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered
office address is at St James's Court Brown Street Manchester M2
2JF.  A list of members is available for inspection at the
registered office. Any reference to a partner in relation to
Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells LLP. Regulated by the
Law Society.

> CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named
above and may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not
the addressee you must not read it and must not use any information
contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than Halliwells
LLP or the addressee of its existence or contents.  If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify Halliwells
LLP IT Department on 0870 365 8008.

> For more information about Halliwells LLP visit www.halliwells.com.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional