I replied to the Adobe forums - the requirement to add some path info to your secure AMF channel endpoint was, in spirit, correct... here's what I posted:

"I just want to restate knallore's poste regarding channel definitions as it is essentially correct, but the issue was that he didn't realize that /flex2gateway was the servlet mapping already (not the context root).

In general, if you have two channels defined that use the same servlet mapping then the endpoints must be unique from the servlet mapping onwards, so you should add some path info to the endpoint URI to distinguish between the secure and normal AMF channels:

SecureAMFChannel endpoint:
https://me.com/flex2gateway/secureamf

AMFChannel endpoint
https://me.com/flex2gateway/amf

Also, in web.xml the servlet mapping must allow for path info... here is what it is in FDS:

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/messagebroker/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Notice the /* at the end of the servlet mapping pattern. Please check that your equivalent entry for ColdFusion 7.0.2's web.xml (i.e. for /flex2gateway/*) includes the /*.

Also, as always, please ensure that you don't have a dirty classpath with older versions of CF Mystic and/or beta versions of FDS too."

Also, can you try adding the following property to your <channel-definition> <properties> section:

<add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>

...restart the server and try again?

Note that you can use something like Paros Proxy on the client to debug SSL / HTTPS requests... but you could also rely on <mx:TraceTarget level="0"> and the debug Flash Player / flashlog.txt to see what was being sent.