There is an outstanding bug/ER to add support for super cfc properties. I remember trying to get to it before we shipped CF702, however it didn’t make the cut. Right now your best option is to define a <CFPROPERTY> tag for all of the properties (from the super classe) in the main cfc you are calling.

Trust me you don’t want to get access to the java code and to try to extend it, it won’t be as easy as you think it will be. Adding a few more cfproperty tags is a very very simple workaround.

---nimer

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of EECOLOR
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 10:27 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] ColdFusion adapter for remoting forgets super classes.

It indeed becomes quite unhandy and exposes you to another set of human errors. I tried to use an init method in which i would automatically check the super components for properties and add them to the property array of the current component. This however was (for me) a bit difficult because of my lack in good java skills: the properties array is not a normal array on which you can use the arrayAppend method.

I submitted it as a bug and hope they will give me the source code of the 2 responsible methods in the flashremoting-update.jar so that i can override the methods in order to use a modified version of the ASToCFSerializer. The modification would be a very simple one: check the extends property of the metadata and serialize those properties aswell.

Greetz Erik