Hi Joe,

If you're using SQL Server 2005, you could use Rich's suggestion.  However, if you're using SQL Server 2000, you could use ASP.Net as the middle tier.  Here is an example of an ASP.Net webservice (VB.Net) that pulls data from SQL Server.

View Example

On the Flex side, search the help docs for RPC and you'll find many examples.  Hope that this helps out a fellow .net/Flex convert.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Tretola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You could talk directly to SQL server 2005 using the new SQL server web
> services.
>
> Rich
>
> On 10/3/06, Shannon Hicks [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > You would use .net to talk to SQL Server, and flex 2 would talk to .net.
> >
> > There are many methods to do that... search the archives for .net
> >
> > Shan