From: Daniel Freiman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 11 October, 2006 7:45:20 PM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: sprites in MXML

I think one of us is confused, but I think it's me.  In any event, I can't find a way to add a sprite using pure mxml, but until someone shows us what we're missing, the actionscript is pretty easy:

<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe. com/2006/ mxml"
        creationComplete="init()">
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        public function init():void {
                            var sprite:Sprite = new Sprite(); // replace "Sprite" (both places) with class you want to add

                            // drawing a rectangle on the sprite to prove adding the sprite worked in this example
                            sprite.graphics. beginFill( 0);
                            sprite.graphics. drawRect( 0,0,200,400) ;

                            holder.addChild( sprite); // add the sprite to any UIComponent
                        }
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>
        <mx:UIComponent id="holder" />
</mx:Application>

Additionally, intead of creating a Flex Project, you could create an Actionscript Project which I think uses Sprite as it's base class instead of Application.

- Dan