From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com [mailto: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Flex Learner
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Stack Overflow in swf to swf include

HI,

I'm trying to include an swf file (generated from FlexBuilder) within another swf file using <mx:image>. The included file is located on a different server, and the include works fine. Now, if a <HTTPService> is added to the included file, the call fails with the following exception.

Error: Error #1023: Stack overflow occurred.
 at Object$/Object::_hasOwnProperty()
 at Object/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::hasOwnProperty()
 at Object$/Object::_hasOwnProperty()
.....  at Object$/Object::_hasOwnProperty() is repeated many times.....

It appears like an infinite loop that's triggered internally and terminates with a stack overflow.

The mxml for the caller swf (located on www.abc.com) is as follows :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml " layout="horizontal">
<mx:Script>
 <![CDATA[
import flash.system.Security;

Security.allowDomain("www.xyz.com");

 ]]>

</mx:Script>
<mx:Image source="http://www.xyz.com/test/Loadee.swf " x="300" y="350" showBusyCursor="true"/>
</mx:Application>

mxml for the called swf (Loadee.swf)

==============================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml " layout="horizontal" width="270" height="54"  creationComplete=" getState.send();">
 <mx:Text text="Initial Text" x="300" y="300" id="thisText"/>
 <mx:HTTPService url="" href="http://www.xyz.com/ServersideScript.do" target="_blank">http://www.xyz.com/ServersideScript.do " id="getState" result="chgState()"/>

 <mx:Script>
  <![CDATA[
   function chgState() {
    // ideally do something with the HTTP response here,
    thisText.text= "HTTP call succeeded";
   }
  ]]>
 </mx:Script>

</mx:Application>

Any inputs here will be greatly helpful.

Thanks,

Joseph