Not an answer, more of me commiserating with you. I ran into the same
thing and spent a bit investigating it. Essentially it seems that
it's
(as you stated) that the series not the bar that gets and passes on
the
context menu call. I've got a message up on Actionscript.org asking
around about it and if I hear anything I'll pass it on. And would be
pleased if you would do likewise.

Here's a kind of klugey idea I've been thinking about off and on in
my
head. If there is someway to tell where (x,y) the click was performed
that brought up the context menu then a call to findDataPoints could
be
made and therefore you'd have a hitdata. But I've not really done any
work on devising a way to figure that out.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully one of us will come up
with
an answer or workaround and pass it on.

Christopher

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "klumikaze" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I've got a BarChart component with one series attached to it. I've
got
> a ContextMenu (with one custom ContextMenuItem) attached to that
> series. When I right click on one of the items in the series, and
> click my custom menu item, as far as I can tell the
ContextMenuEvent I
> can't figure out how to access the particular item that was right
> clicked on.
>
> Note: My BarChart has my dataProvider associated with it, not the
> BarSeries.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Brian