Hi there,

Have some questions about the best practice way of designing apps.

I'm building a simple email server preferences application. And I've created
two
components. One for handling the login (which hits amfphp and ldap on the
backend) and
one for loading and changing/saving the user prefs (which also hits amfphp and
ldap on
the backend).

There are really only two "states", login handilng, and prefs changing.

Question 1: Is it best to use States or ViewStacks to deal with changing "app
states"?

on to my second question...

The login component is sorta self sufficient. It can handle good logins and bad
ones. and
if it's a good login can switch the current state to the preferences state (as
viewstates are
what i'm currently working with.) But when i get to the email preferences
state, it wants to
know things from the login component, like email and password.

Question 2: Is it good practice to have components be able to talk and share
information
with one another? And if so, how do you keep them around and reference them if
you're
using viewstates?

Thanks,
mark