It sounds like you are letting FDS compile for you on the server. I am
compiling on the client.
To restate, hopefully, more clearly my problem, it is as follows:

I want my swf and html output files to be inside:
webapps/<serlvet-name>

instead of:
webapps/<serlvet-name>/<flex-app-name>

I am not able to get flexbuilder to do this. The place to do it would
be in the properties panel for the flex-app->Flex Build Path -> output
folder.

But the dialog requires me to enter a folder name which will be placed
inside the <servlet-name> folder. When I try to leave this field
blank, which would, conceptually, achieve the goal because the screen
states that the path is relative to <servlet-name>,  flex builder
generates an error. Entering a full path i.e. C:\..., I dont get the
error, but flexbuilder refuses to compile the app.

The reason I want to do this is so that my url does not need to be

www.somedomain.com/flex-app-name

Thanks
Hank

How
On 11/2/06, Nick Rothwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 1 Nov 2006, at 22:22, hank williams wrote:
>
> > I dont see how you avoid this since servlet containers require that
> > the WEB-INF folder be in the root directory of the application, but
> > this is not how flex structures things. With Flex/FDS there is the
> > your webapp directory which is inside webapps, and then a sub
> > directory, for the flex application
>
> I'm not sure I follow. I have FDS in Tomcat configured with
>
>         webapps/<MY APPLICATION>/WEB-INF/ (and then flex/, lib/ etc.)
>
> and
>
>         webapps/<MY APPLICATION>/<mxml files>
>
> and the context prefix is <MY APPLICATION>.
>
> In any case, I tend to solve URL mapping issues by bolting Apache on
> the front of the app and using the reverse proxy module...
>
>         -- N.
>

>    nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://
> www.cassiel.com

<*> Your email settings: