i'm actually having this issue in safari using the latest debug player.
I focus on the text input, but i just get the halo, and no cursor blink.
:(

On Oct 30, 2006, at 1:54 PM, Deepa Subramaniam wrote:

Hi Rick –

setFocus() is the correct method to use to put focus on the TextInput, including the cursor blinking within the TI.

But are you using Firefox? Your issue is a fact of life in the Firefox world. You’ll notice that in Firefox, calling setFocus() off any of the initialization events will not cause the cursor to blink within the TI. Doing the same off a button click or some sort of other user initiated event will work. This is because Mozilla has some specific issues around giving plug-in content focus upon initialization.

Hope this helps -

deepa

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Root
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 7:43 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Problem with setFocus()

I'm trying to use setFocus() to put the focus on a text input when my
application starts.

However, most of the time, I get the blue halo around the text input,
but no cursor. I can't type until I click in the text input to put the
cursor there.

I'm using Flex Builder's generated HTML/javascript page for embedding
the flex app, so I don't have the "click to activate" problem...

rick