I'm having an issue with DataGridEvent (onItemEnd) and the DateField
class. Basically, I've developed a framework that uses onItemEnd from
the datagrid. I have components like the combobox for example...
onChange calls onItemEnd which takes the data of the combobox and puts
it in the dataField of the datagrid, then makes a service call to update
to the database. I've gotten this to work great with many components but
the dateField I'm having a horrible time with.

when I dispatchEvent (onitemend) for example, I use
event.currentTarget.editedItemRenderer to get the value from
event.target.itemEditorInstance. Which both don't exist when I
dispatchEvent from the calendar select date (onClose) event handler.

This works when I have the dateField as an Editor only and using the
default renderer. This is an issue becuase it creates another click for
the user.  I think the root of my problem is that when you click on the
datefield to open the calendar, it doesn't invoke it as an editor in the
datagrid.  Is there a way to force this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Louie Penaflor

Web Software Developer

World Council of Credit Unions, Inc.

Ph: (608)231-7932

This is a transmission from World Council of Credit Unions, Inc. and
contains information that is confidential. If you are not the intended
addressee or authorized to receive for the addressee, then any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
message is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please destroy it and notify the sender immediately at the transmitting
e-mail address. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised
that this e-mail transmission is not encrypted or otherwise protected
from potential misappropriation or misuse. World Council of Credit
Unions, Inc. expressly disclaims any and all liability for harm
resulting from the misappropriation, interception or misuse of the
information contained in this transmission.