Thanks.  I am not using a primitive, I am using Long.  I wonder what it does
for those.

  Jeff

Douglas McCarroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Jeff,

I'm not sure that this will help you find a solution, but it confirms
that this is a known issue:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=Part1_GetStarted.html

"Primitive values cannot be set to null in Java. When passing Boolean
and Number values from the client to a Java object, Flex interprets null
values as the default for primitive types; for example, 0 for double,
float, long, int, short, byte, \u0000 for char, and false for Boolean.
Only primitive Java types get default values."

Douglas

Douglas McCarroll

CairngormDocs.org Webmaster
http://www.CairngormDocs.org