Hi Troy,
I have deal with some similar thing and I finally found that the
best approach is to have a single AS variable referencing the right
component at the right moment, that is, change the object pointed by
the AS variable when your state changes.

In the other hand, I also found that components inside a repeater
that are defined with a single ID, become to an array of components:
If you have <mx:Button id="btn"/> inside a repeater, at the end, you
will get that btn is an array of Buttons.
I do not know how to get that programatically or without using a
repeater.... however it would be cool.

Regards
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Rollins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>