I dunno if this holds true with you guys but I noticed
having a lot of application mxml in the same project
folder burdens flex a lot. So im guessing when flex is
'building workspace' - one of the memory intensive
task it does is checking each application in your
project directory and looking for dependencies (broken
ones, updated ones, erroneous ones etc). Correct me if
im wrong - moreover i think it updates the project
property file associated with the current project.  I
have also tried moving to a new workspace for every
big project i have to do - probably it's overkill --
or even unrelated.. but i have to convince myself im
doing something to make it compile faster :D (im
running it on 1.5 GB mem  with 3GHz processor at
800mhz FSB.. it's not top of the line but i had not
expected it to choke on a Flex compile. Apparently i
was wrong. So on top of run-time advantages, having
the mx module component in the next flex release will
allow us to create separate application  and project
filers for the parts/modules we need.)

--- dorkie dork from dorktown
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have 4 projects open. The project I was working on
> had 4 components in it.
> I had 3 other projects open. One was a Example
> project that had about 20
> example files in it. I noticed too I had a lot
> programs up. So I might have
> been using virtual memory. It only happened once and
> its ok now.
>
> I'm curious, when it's Building the workspace what
> does that mean
> technically?
>
> On 12/6/06, Gordon Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  You could turn off "Build Automatically" in the
> Projects menu, or close
> > projects that you aren't working on (right-click
> on a project in the
> > Navigator pane and choose Close Project).
> >

> > How many projects are you building, and how many
> components does the
> > average one have?
> >

> > - Gordon

Have a burning question?