Have you thought about using zinc? http://multidmedia.com/

Can't see anything you mentioned below which is not already possible
with flash/flex + zinc

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Essl, Markus
Sent: 14 December 2006 10:30
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Apollo

Hello!

I wanted to ask if there is a place for a wish list for Apollo. It is
christmas anyway!

First of all, our company creates Computer Based Training Modules -
which are available online (for use in an LMS) but are also available
offline on CD. These CBTs are made with Authorware, Flash or DHTML, or a
combination thereof.

Currently we need an own browser (based on Mozillla) to make these
things launchable from CD (we need access to the file system because of
tracking user scores between sessions and to integrate into the desktop,
etc.; also classroom teaching (ad-hoc peer-to-peer without the need to
setup) is a thing we will address sooner or later).

When I heard about Apollo I was excited (and I still am). It would mean
that we can offer part of our CBTs for download (because the current
system takes more than 20mb just for framework, plus 300kb actual
content).

The number #1 wish for me is this: create flash applications that run
from CD (like a Flash Projector) WITHOUT the need to install anything
(like Flash Projector, but with more rights and more access to the
system).

It may sound stupid for the rest of us, but customers demand that they
do not want to install anything - they want to insert the CD, and it
should run, without EULAs, installing and without accessing the internet
or whatever, just run.

The number #2 wish for me is: be able to extend it with C++ code - even
if it means to loose platform compatibility.

And Number #3: That it is accessible to screen readers (i have had hard
times with the flash projector - i just could not get the screen reader
to recognize the settings).

I am sorry that this might be the wrong group for that. If there is any
chance that there is an official wish list please tell me.

Markus