hank williams wrote:
> I want to apologize for the stridency of my earlier remarks.

No worries, you've contributed a lot over the years, forget about it. :)

I'm not sure how the various search engines do with query terms in URLs,
though... some may index and/or rank on it, others may not. I don't know.

I do know that the various search engines explicitly warn against
"cloaking" (redirecting search results to different content), but for
understandable reasons they don't go into much detail on their
implementations.

It sounds like our core current problem is in figuring out how to get
search engine results for dynamic user-generated content piped through a
standard interface... if someone types "salmonella" into a restaurant
review, eg. I'm still not sure whether the search engines will support
such a goal or not... the big thing this year for Google, Yahoo and MSN
was to support a standard "sitemap" protocol, but this is again for the
main static content, rather than the ongoing contributions held within a
database:
http://www.sitemaps.org/

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd